Podcast and Video Intern September 2015 – November 2015
Worked on the production of podcasts, videos, and multimedia for FiveThirtyEight.com. Worked alongside video and podcast producers in the FiveThirtyEight studio. Researched, edited, produced, and packaged videos and podcasts, Hot Takedown and What’s The Point, for online distribution.
Producer August 2014 – December 2014
A Broader View
Produced a monthly talk show for Temple University’s public access channel, TUTV. Worked with other students to produce one of four 15-minute segments. Brainstormed and decided on segment topics, booked guests, wrote the script and produced short video set-up piece to air in conjunction with the interviews. Was the main show producer for the live finale episode.
Connect Student Project Participant August 2014
National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA)
Attended the NLGJA Convention and worked with media professionals to report, edit, photograph, design and produce an in-depth article surrounding the convention. Recorded the headline event, a Q&A conversation with NBA player Jason Collins.
Production Assistant January 2014 – May 2014
Temple Update Now
Volunteered on the production of Temple University’s daily news broadcast. Operated the graphics, teleprompter, camera, audio, etc. Collaborated with a team of students to produce the broadcast.
Arts & Entertainment Intern August 2013 – January 2014
Philadelphia City Paper
Worked in the office alongside a group of fellow interns fact checking, writing event picks and pitching stories to the paper’s editors.
Columnist August 2012 – May 2013
The Temple News
Worked independently to brainstorm ideas, research topics and interview students in order to write a biweekly column discussing LGBT issues and culture.
- Video and Audio Editing Software: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Audacity, Hindenburg
- Videography: Extensive experience shooting, producing and editing video content
- Graphic Design: Proficient in Adobe Photoshop. Experience editing photos, designing info graphs and creating animated GIFs
- Social Media: Active user on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Snapchat
Temple University School of Media and Communication, Philadelphia, PA
Class of 2015
- 2014: Gene Hart Memorial Scholarship
- 2015: John and Peggy Dolson Award